The Affordable Care Act has been a hot topic for quite some time and many of us are doing the best we can to stay on top of the latest information and updates as they are released. Below we will share some of the basics as a refresher. Be sure you pay attention because we have a pop quiz to see how well you know the details of the Affordable Care Act.
Let’s start with reviewing some of the basic facts shared with us to this date:
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is the nation’s health reform law enacted in March 2010.
- Most individuals are required to have health insurance coverage as of January 1, 2014.
- Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace (formerly known as an Exchange) is scheduled to begin on October 1, 2013 and end March 31, 2014, with coverage beginning on January 2014
- Every Qualified Health Plan (QHP) will cover a core set of benefits; know as the Essential Health Benefits.
- There will be 4 levels of plan coverage through The Marketplace: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum
- Premium assistance will be available to individuals and families with income between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Limit.
This is just a start with some of the basics. We will include additional information in future blog posts. Now it’s QUIZ time. We encourage you to take the quiz to see how well you understand what’s happening and what’s to come under the Affordable Care Act. You may be surprised at all you know along with how well it compares to others around you. Good Luck! Health Reform Quiz